Monday, May 24, 2010

A New Transitional Deacon

On May 23, 2010, the Feast of Pentecost, the Church in Portland, ME celebrated in a very particular way the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Bishop Richard Malone, Ordinary of said diocese, ordained Jack Dickinson to the transitional diaconate. Jack, with whom I have been in the seminary for three years, is my diocesan brother, one of my close friends and actually one of the best men that I know. He exudes the virtues of faith, hope and charity and will become, I am sure, a model priest and a good shepherd. Please keep Deacon Dickinson in your prayers as our Lord draws him ever closer to His priestly heart.

St. John Vianney, pray for him.
St. Pius X, pray for him.

1 comment:

  1. Great day for the Church of Portland! Congrats Jack!

    ReplyDelete